MUMETALL® / VACOPERM® 100
- Thickness 0,05 mm – 0,15 mm
- Width < 640 mm (smaller standard sizes are available)
- Length as demanded
- w/o or with adhesive layer
- Thickness 0,35 mm – 3 mm
- Length < 3000 mm
- Width < 750 mm
- Sheets may be purchased complete or cut according to your requirements.
- Diameter 1 mm – 215 mm
- Length < 4000 mm (smaller standard sizes are available)
Properties of material
The nickel-iron alloy MUMETALL® is particularly well suited for applications requiring medium magnetic saturation induction, low magnetic coercive field strength and high permeability. Its high nickel content makes the mechanical working of MUMETALL® not unproblematic. Its magnetic properties however make the material one of the most common shielding materials. The high nickel content in most cases makes a surface corrosion protection unnecessary.
Among the most common applications of MUMETALL® are shielding for medium field strengths, multi-layer shielding, actuators and lamination stacks. MUMETALL® can be obtained through SEKELS GmbH as sheets, strip stock, final magnetically annealed foil, or rods, but also in form of finished parts.